dual citizenship

Pemba Paradise

Zanzibar Diaspora

Mwanakwerekwe shops ad

ZanzibarNiKwetuStoreBanner

ZNK Patreon

Scrolling news

************ KARIBUNI..................Contact us for any breaking news or for any information at: znzkwetu@gmail.com. You can also fax us at: 1.801.289.7713......................KARIBUNI

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fat and furious!

I have a dream, and in that dream I want to lose ten kilos by my 50th birthday this year. Now in order to make that dream a reality I have to take on necessary measures that include more physical activity and a lean diet.

Okay, depending on what you may call fat, I believe I am not that chubby and I wonder where all the kilos are hidden on my frame.

Taking an honest assessment, my backside boasts of a healthy rump and attached to a pair of hips that never seem to lie so I guess a great deal of my weight lays there.

My stomach is far from flat courtesy of child bearing abilities and a weakness for frothy drinks that come in dark bottles. I am hoping my brain matter takes credit for some of the mass my body possesses.
Attending a training programme out of town recently I was not impressed by the way I looked in the photos taken by the ‘jua kali’ photographer.

I decided there and then that the campaign for shedding off the extra pounds had better kick off in earnest. In a bid to push the cause further I have taken on skipping and I can assure you if you are as unfit as I am even a few jumps make you pant as if you are climbing mount Kilimanjaro.

Boasting to a friend when I bought the skipping rope I declared rather prematurely that I could handle 200 jumps with ease. Wapi!

On day one I struggled to do 36 jumps without stopping and I wondered what madness had overtaken me. Attempting another 30 or so jumps I called it a day.

I had to agree I was no longer a spring chicken and after weighing myself on the bathroom scale I decided la lutta continua.

In order to build up the right attitude for the daily fitness routine I drum up a swag to the spot where I jump up and down like a yoyo.

I am not too sure when I will reach the 200 jump target in one session but I have consoled myself if I stick to the plan I should be so much fitter by the time I celebrate my next birthday.


No comments :

Post a Comment